The NIH "Mission First, Safety Always" Award, presented by the Office of Research Services (ORS), Division of Occupational Health and Safety (DOHS), showcases NIH personnel who have demonstrated leadership, innovation and involvement in their organization’s safety culture and promoted safety in the workplace.
The nomination period for the NIH "Mission First, Safety Always" Award is
July 1, 2014 through October 31, 2014.
Nominate a colleague that has demonstrated safety leadership, with practical examples in two or more of the following areas:
* Leadership attributes that set the nominee apart from his or her peers
* Initiating and/or leading a successful safety initiative
* Engaging peers and transforming the safety culture of the organization
* Promoting safety as an important part of your program
* Working to correct unsafe or unhealthful workplace conditions or hazards
Nominations are currently being accepted from July 1 to October 31, 2014. NIH wants to recognize and celebrate safety excellence! Nominate a safety leader today!
If you have any questions, please e-mail ORSSafetyDay@mail.nih.gov or send written questions to: NIH, OD, ORS, DOHS (Attn: NIH Mission First, Safety Always Questions), Bldg. 13, Room 3K04, 13 South Drive, MSC 5760, Bethesda, MD 20892-5760.
All nominees will remain unidentified during the selection process. The official “NIH Mission First, Safety Always” award selection committee will evaluate nominees without IC or individual names visible. Honorees will receive recognition in NIH Newsletters, on the Division of Occupational Health and Safety’s website, and more.