If you missed the Summer Camp Guide events in January, it is still not too late to get this comprehensive guide electronically. This year’s guide has expanded its camp options to include more overnight camps and camps serving children with special needs. Over 300 NIH employees have already received their guides and the feedback is outstanding!
The Camp Guide separates the camps by cost, type, activities and area (Maryland, DC and Virginia). It also includes additional resources to survey your child’s interests and understand and evaluate summer care options.
To get a guide follow these few easy steps:
- Go to http://childcare.ors.nih.gov
- Click on the Summer Camp Guide icon located in the right column on the page
- Ask for a guide to be sent to you electronically, and
- Have fun looking through the Guide
If you have any questions, please contact Tonya Lee, Office of Research Services, Division of Amenities and Transportation Services, at (301) 402-8180.
Be sure to check out the following archived Lunch and Learn Parenting Seminars at http://www.ors.od.nih.gov/pes/dats/childcare/Pages/parent_seminars.aspx
for information and resources on issues that may come up during the summer:
- NIH Back-up Care Program: What You Need to Know
- Home Alone
- What to do with Your Teen this Summer
- Raising Financially Healthy Kids
- How to Inspire Healthy Eating Habits for Children
For more information on the various upcoming events being offered by the Division of Amenities and Transportation Services please visit 'Activities and Announcements' at: http://dats.ors.od.nih.gov/.