Mark your calendar to attend the NIH Safety, Health and Wellness Day to be held on Wednesday, August 28, rain or shine, at the Natcher Conference Center from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Everyone is welcome to come and enjoy the activities and learn about safety, health and wellness opportunities at the NIH.
There will be many activities demonstrating work, home and recreational safety including:
* Free exercise classes and physical assessments
* Self-defense demonstrations
* Healthy cooking samples and information
* Free health screenings
* Lab safety demonstrations
* Over 40 exhibitors including a poster session and information booths by NIH Institutes/Centers
NIH personnel, who work with hazardous chemicals, will have an opportunity to complete the mandatory Hazard Communication Training (required before December 1, 2013).
A special shuttle will run between Buildings 10 and Natcher Conference Center. For staff located off campus, there will be free parking in the MLP-11 visitor parking garage off of Rockville Pike during the event.
Individuals who need reasonable accommodations to participate should contact Carole Harman at 301-402-8180 and/or the Federal Relay at (800) 877-8339.