2020 Feds Feed Families Kick-off - Virtual Giving - June 1 - July 31
Between June 1 and July 31, the National Institutes of Health will again take part in the Feds Feed Families summer food drive. Held annually since 2009, this campaign offers federal agencies and their staff the opportunity to fight hunger in their communities. NIH has always shown astounding generosity, donating almost 50,000 pounds of food in the Washington, DC metropolitan area and at our satellite locations across the country during the 2019 campaign.
Due to COVID-19, the need for food donations is urgent. The campaign has adapted to the current social distancing guidelines and will be run entirely online. NIH staff will have three ways to donate, listed below, along with how to track your donations to give credit to the NIH's campaign. Please read carefully the directions below.
HOW TO DONATE
- Donate Groceries Online: Purchase food via your favorite online grocer and have it delivered directly to a food bank or pantry of your choosing.
- Donate Money Online: Make a monetary donation to a food pantry or food bank of your choosing.
- Combined Federal Campaign (CFC): Make a monetary donation to a food pantry or food bank through the CFC special solicitation through June 30.
WHERE TO DONATE
Staff can donate to any food bank or food pantry of their choosing; however, we have provided specific information on several location organizations, including the NIH Children's Inn, the Safra Family Lodge, the Capital Area Food Bank, and Manna Food Center, on our campaign website: https://www.ors.od.nih.gov/FedsFeedFamilies/Pages/default.aspx.
RECORDING YOUR DONATION
For NIH to receive credit for your donation, you will need to record your donation on this website: https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/10a5efa3de024beda91d4c61b0bc0a4f.
- Select "U.S. Department of Health and Human Services" as your department, and the "National Institutes of Health" as your agency.
- All donations will be tracked by pounds of food. For monetary donations, the site will use a national conversion rate from dollars to pounds.
FIND OUT MORE INFORMATION
For more information on the campaign, please visit the NIH's Feds Feed Families website: https://www.ors.od.nih.gov/FedsFeedFamilies/Pages/default.aspx. If you have any questions about the campaign, please contact FedsFeedFamiliesNIH@nih.gov.
There will be different themes surrounding the campaign to be sent out via email from HHS and NIH. In addition, the ORS will be sponsoring an upcoming informative and education webinar on food insecurity especially during this time of the pandemic.
Our communities and our nation are facing an unprecedented challenge in COVID-19 in every area imaginable – health, jobs, social networks, basic food access. Thank you for considering this opportunity to make a positive impact.