Reduced Enrollment/Badge Issuance Services in Response to COVID-19
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the NIH Division of Personnel Security and Access Control (DPSAC), Office of Research Services, has implemented the following operational changes at its enrollment and badge issuance offices for the health and safety of customers and the DPSAC staff consistent with CDC guidance:
- Starting March 30, 2020, the DPSAC main office in Building 31, Room 1B03 on the NIH Bethesda, Maryland, main campus will be open on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and closed on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- DPSAC Bayview Research Center location will be open on Thursdays only.
- DPSAC will service urgent requests, as determined by management, on Tuesdays and Thursdays. These urgent requests should be submitted at least 24 hours in advance to email@example.com.
- DPSAC employees and contractors will still answer emails and phone calls on Tuesdays and Thursdays regarding your badge status as well as background investigation.
- Only 7 customers at a time will be allowed to enter the DPSAC main (Room 1B03) office on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
- The DPSAC main office helpdesk encourages customers to send emails or call for troubleshooting instead of physically coming into the office.
All previous badging services offered in the South Lobby of Building 10 have been relocated to the main Division of Personnel Security and Access Control (DPSAC) office in Building 31, Room 1B03. Badging services at Fisher's Lane and Shady Grove have also been suspended and moved to Building 31. Badging services at Ft. Detrick, Baltimore, Research Triangle Park, and Rocky Mountain Laboratories continue under normal operations.
In addition, all patient badging services are suspended indefinitely. Patients and authorized family and caregivers are encouraged to enter through the Cedar Lane patient entrance for processing and visitor ID issuance.
DPSAC will maintain normal operating hours in Building 31 from 8am – 5pm, Monday through Friday.
The DPSAC main office helpdesk encourages customers to send emails or call for troubleshooting instead of physically coming into the office. The DPSAC email is
firstname.lastname@example.org and the helpdesk phone number is 301-402-9755.