Update on NIH Shuttle, Parking and Transhare Services
With the return of Group A beginning on June 22, it is important to note that some of our normal parking and shuttle operations still remain closed. Restoration of services will continue to be reassessed with each returning group based on safety and need. The Office of Research Services (ORS) will alert staff to any return of service in advance.
Here is the current state of some transportation services:
- On-campus shuttle continue to operate as normal, but face coverings are required at all times
- Off-campus shuttles are not operating except for NCI-Shady Grove (managed by NCI) and Fishers Lane.
- No stack parking will be available in any garages or parking lots on the main campus
- Staff should strive to spread out parking around campus to assist in maintaining physical distancing (to view parking on the main campus, please visit: https://www.ors.od.nih.gov/maps/Pages/Employee-Access-Map.aspx)
- Transhare participants who cannot or do not want to take public transportation can continue to drive to campus. Each month, while this policy remains in effect, Transhare participants receive an email offering the ability to print off a parking placard and place it on the dashboard.
- Please do not park in the NIH parking lots and garages if you do not have a parking hanger or appropriate parking placard. NIH Police will continue to monitor and ticket illegally parked vehicles.
For parking and Transhare questions, contact the Employee Transportation Services Office (NIH Parking Office) at 301-496-5050 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For shuttle questions, contact the ORS Information Line at email@example.com or 301-594-6677. TTY is available at 301-435-1908.