Work and Family Month - Meet and Greet Opportunities
Coming in October during Work and Family Month you will have many opportunities to meet, share ideas with, and ask questions of the many groups who assist in developing, maintaining, and improving work-life programs and services at the NIH.
Each "Meet and Greet" will be held from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in front of the Building 31 cafeteria. Check out the dates below, mark your calendars now, and plan to stop by.
Wednesday, October 2, 2019.
* R&W – NIH Recreation and Welfare Association.
* "Meet the Dietitian" – Ms. Savina Sparker, MBA, RDN, LD, Eurest's Wellness Manager at the NIH.
Monday, October 7.
* Nursing Mothers Program
* NIH Child and Family Programs – Child Care Centers, Back-up Care program, Child Care Subsidy program, Resource and Referral Services – Child, Adult, Legal, Financial, and Identity Theft, Lunch and Learn Webinars, Parent Coach, and Listservs.
Wednesday, October 9.
* NIH Child Care Board
* "Meet the Dietitian" – Ms. Savina Sparker, MBA, RDN, LD, Eurest's Wellness Manager at the NIH
Wednesday, October 16.
* Aging and Adult-Dependent Care Committee – Adult Dependent Care Resource and Referral Service, Adult Care Support Listserv, Lunch and Learn Webinars.
Wednesday, October 23.
* NIH Health and Wellness Council
Wednesday, October 30
* Division of Amenities and Transportation Services – Food, Fitness and Well-being, Interpreting, Banking, Retail, Child and Family, Shuttles, Parking, Transhare, Bike Programs, Commuter Information, and Patient Services
During the month of October, the NIH is highlighting work and family services and events through the "National Work and Family Month" campaign. To learn more, please check out: https://www.workfamilymonth.ors.nih.gov. SAVE THE DATE: Work-Life@NIH Information Fair, Tuesday, October 22, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Building 10, South Lobby. Don't miss this exciting opportunity to learn how the NIH cares for and supports its workforce by providing a healthy, flexible work environment that supports work and family responsibilities!
Individuals with disabilities who need sign language interpreting and/or other reasonable accommodations to participate in this event should contact Ms. Shuntrice Holloman, ORS, DATS at Shuntrice.firstname.lastname@example.org, 301-827-3251, and/or the Federal Relay at 1-800-877-8339. Requests should be made five days in advance of these events.
You may follow us @NIHEmplSrvcs on Twitter for more information about services that can assist you with balancing work and family, making healthy food choices, as well as other programs and employee services to improve your wellbeing. The DATS manages many NIH LISTSERVs that may also be of interest to you, which you can find at https://go.usa.gov/x5axV.