TODAY Safety & Campus Access Tips: Take Your Child to Work Day and Earth Day - Thursday April 26, 2018
Take Your Child to Work Day and Earth Day.
Tomorrow, Thursday, April 26, 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Take Your Child to Work Day and Earth Day - will make the campus more crowded than usual. Allow extra time to arrive in the morning through the entrance gates and for getting around campus. Expect traffic delays and lines at shuttle stops, restrooms, cafeterias and other public places. Your patience and consideration of others will be greatly appreciated so we can all enjoy this special day with our children and guests.
Campus Access on April 26:
- Stay together! All children under age 16 – registered or not – must be accompanied by a parent or another responsible adult at all times. Do not take your children's safety for granted.
- Provide your child with a reliable way of contacting you in the event you become separated.
- Call the NIH Police at 301-496-5685 or TTY 301-496-0063 to report a lost child. For additional NIH security information, contact Lt. Brown, NIH Police Special Events Branch, at 301-496-7937 and/or the Emergency Communications Center at 301-496-5685.
- For all medical emergencies or non-emergencies requiring first aid – please dial 911 (9-911 off campus).
- Review the safety page under "Quick Links": http://takeyourchildtowork.nih.gov/Pages/happyday.aspx. For children registered in lab activities, please pay careful attention to the NIH Manual Policy "Admittance of Minors to Hazardous Areas" (https://oma1.od.nih.gov/manualchapters/intramural/3015/).
- Children (age 15 & under) can accompany an adult through any employee vehicle entrance with an Accompanied Child Visitor Pass (https://security.nih.gov/Documents/ACVPform.pdf). Have this form filled out and ready to hand to the guard upon arrival. Bring an extra copy if you intend to leave and return to campus. Please list all children on one form.
- All teens (age 16 & older), must bring one photo ID (i.e., school ID, driver's license, state ID, passport) and be cleared through the NIH Gateway Center (https://www.ors.od.nih.gov/maps/Pages/Gateway-Center-Map.aspx), unless you previously submitted an Advance Accompanied Visitor Pass form online and received e-mail confirmation that your teen has been pre-cleared. In this case, the teen will still need a photo ID to enter the gate accompanied by you.
- If driving with teens 16 or older (who have not been pre-cleared), enter campus through NIH Gateway Drive or South Drive. If entering at South Drive, drop teen off at the Metro Kiss & Ride and pick him/her up at the shuttle stop inside the fence.
- Special shuttles will loop between campus and off-campus locations where activities are happening, in addition to the regularly scheduled shuttles. Visit the registration site's shuttle page for more information: http://takeyourchildtowork.nih.gov/Pages/shuttles.aspx.
- For more information, including links to the campus map and the NIHCC "TakeMeThere" Clinical Center app, visit the event home page: http://takeyourchildtowork.nih.gov/Pages/default.aspx.
- Eurest Cafeterias, located in Buildings 10/B1, 10 ACRF, 31, 35 and 45, will provide child-friendly bundle meals including baked chicken tenders, macaroni & cheese and fresh fruit. The cafes will also offer regular daily menu features, salad bars and the addition of "cash only" registers for speedy checkout. For menu information, visit: https://www.ors.od.nih.gov/pes/dats/food/Pages/index.aspx.
- Food trucks will be parked outside Buildings 1 and 45, in celebration of Earth Day. For information on vendors, visit: https://govemployee.com/nih/event-detail/2018-nih-earth-day-tyctwd-celebration/.
For more information on the event, e-mail Take-Your-Child-To-Work@nih.gov
, or follow @NIHEmplSrvcs