Photo Service Guidelines
Photography Service Guidelines
- To begin a job you will need a Common Account Number (CAN) and the name of your CAN authorizing Administrative Officer (AO). See the Medical Arts Service Guidelines for more information and details.
- To avoid rush charges, allow three working days for completion of most jobs.
- If changes are necessary, please call immediately so that the problem can be corrected as quickly as possible.
- You will be called when your project is complete. Your project can be picked up any time from 8 am to 5:15 pm in Room B2L328 in Building 10.
- A surcharge of 20% will be added if contract services are required.
Additional Photography Tips
- Without the proper name and phone number, you can't be contacted when your work is ready.
- Close-up" isn't always a matter of how close you can get to the subject matter. Instead, it is more commonly defined by the reproduction ratio – how large the image appears on the film. For example, if the image is the same size as the actual subject, the radio is 1:1 or simply 1X
- Work is occasionally completed by only the most competent and competitively priced outside contractors. The Photography team will be happy to serve as your contact with any contractors used to complete your work.
- You may find it helpful to request a contact sheet of all images captured.
Glossary of Terms
Contrast: The difference in brightness and density between shadow and highlighted areas on the negative or print.
Copyright: Exclusive rights to a photographic image for a limited period of time.
Digital Photography: Capture of images digitally instead of by conventional film photographic methods.
If you have questions about any of the above, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Wayne Randolph, Leader Photography Team, at (301)496-4971.