NIH Identification Card Application Procedure
The Division of Police (DP) processes applications for select populations, including:
- Extended visitors; retirees(alumni), transportation visitors, child care center members, Community liaison council members, and NIH board members
- Service providers
- Construction workers (including grounds keepers)
Individuals may be issued an ID Card valid for up to one year. To apply, applicants must follow these steps:
- Applicants must provide sponsorship in the following way:
- Applicant may request an ID badge by having his/her company write a letter on corporate/company letterhead. The request must include: 1) Type, location, work or service type and length of work; 2) IC sponsor; 3) Full name of applicant; 4) Applicant signature.
- Each individual for whom a badge is requested must:
- Complete, sign, and personally present or fax to the DP an NIH Notice and Authorization for Release of Information form .
- Show a government-approved photo identification, such as driver's license, passport, work permit, or school identification card.
- Bring the NIH Release form, corporate letter if applicable, and photo identification to the DP Special Processing Unit, Bldg. 31C Center Drive, Room B3B18.
Forms and additional assistance can be obtained from the administrative and/or personnel offices within Institutes and Centers or by calling the DP Special Processing Unit at 301-435-5095.