The Office of Research Services (ORS), Division of Occupational Health and Safety (DOHS), Workplace Injury and Illness Trend Analysis Program strives to identify unhealthy behaviors or hazardous conditions by tracking work-related injuries and illnesses. This information is used to target occupational health and safety education activities to prevent or reduce future employee work-related injuries and illnesses. Workplace Injury and Illness Trend Analysis includes the following:
- Tracking and monitoring workplace injuries and illnesses on an on-going basis.
- Grouping injuries and illnesses by nature, body part affected, event or exposure, source, etc.
- Determining if any trends in workplace injuries or illnesses exist and graphing those trends if possible.
- Identifying any equipment, materials, or environmental factors that may be commonly involved in workplace injury or illness incidents.
- Identifying possible solutions and suggesting improvements to reduce or prevent the likelihood of future workplace injuries or illnesses.
To find out how we can help you improve healthy behaviors, eliminate hazardous conditions and prevent or reduce employee work-related injuries and illnesses, contact your Safety and Health Specialist or the Chief, Community Health Branch at (301) 496-2960.