Mission & Vision
The mission of the Division of Veterinary Resources (DVR) is to contribute to the advancement of NIH biomedical research mission by providing excellence in animal care and specialized research services to support the NIH intramural research mission. DVR is a centrally managed AAALAC accredited program that is responsive, efficient, and accountable to the NIH researchers' needs.
The vision for DVR is to be a valued and respected resource to the NIH community by providing excellence in research support and recognized as experts within the intramural research program and the greater laboratory animal science community.
This vision is accomplished through:
- Increasing value to our customers through consistently reliable, ethical, cost-effective, transparent and business-like processes and services;
- Commitment to proactive partnering with customers and stakeholders to identify and meet prioritized research requirements, bringing constant value in changing times
- Strong leadership, excellence in veterinary medicine, and active cooperation and collaboration with all NIH ICs and other stakeholders in shaping initiatives that serve the common good;
- Pride in the organization through cooperative decision making and recognition of accomplishments of individuals and teams
- Providing guidance to the NIH community in focused discussions on regulations governing animal welfare in biomedical research;
- Developing the next generation of DVR leaders through example, training, and culture; and
- Achieving national recognition through participation and leadership in the activities of local and national professional and scientific organizations.
Back to the Top