First Annual NIH Safety Day 2011
The Office of Research Services (ORS), Office of Research Facilities, and the National Institutes of Health Occupational Safety and Health Committee are proud to present the First Annual NIH Safety Day 2011.
We hope you will join us for the NIH Safety Day 2011 on Wednesday, August 31 at the Natcher Conference Center, Building 45, from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Exhibitors will set up by 9:00 am. The Opening Ceremony will begin at 10:30 am, videocast live and archived at: http://videocast.nih.gov/.
NIH Safety Day 2011 will include:
- Opening Ceremony with NIH Leadership.
- A primary focus on Safety "POWER: Protecting Our Workers and Ensuring Reemployment" (http://www.dol.gov/owcp/dfec/power/), Health, Security and Fun. Recognition of IC Safety and Health Chairpersons Committee.
- Over 40 Exhibitors displaying safety, health and security information products or services.
- Keynote Speaker - Jim Welch, Executive Director, Elizabeth R. Griffin Research Foundation (http://www.ergriffinresearch.org/about.htm).
- Police Dog Demonstration. Fire Department Response Team. Entertainment. Breakout Training Sessions to include - Ergonomics, Identify Theft, Urban Survival, and Preventing Workplace Violence.
- Food and Beverages for sale to attendees.
Will you be attending? If so, please e-mail "Yes" (in subject line) to ORSSafetyDay@mail.nih.gov, before Friday, July 29. Once you RSVP, a formal invitation, NIH Safety Day 2011 Event Program, and reminders will be sent to you prior to the event.
If you have any questions regarding this upcoming event, please contact Trevor Lubbert, John Veitch or Larry Johnson in the ORS Division of Occupational Health and Safety at 301-496-2960.
Individuals with disabilities who need reasonable accommodations to participate in this event should contact Chris Gaines, ORS Division of Amenities and Transportation Services, at 301-451-3631 and/or the Federal Relay (1-800-877-8339).
If you would like to receive useful safety and health information regularly, please visit our website at: http://www.ors.od.nih.gov/sr/dohs/Pages/default.aspx or join our "A Healthy Safe NIH" LISTSERV at: https://list.nih.gov/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A0=ahealthysafenih.