The NIH "Mission First, Safety Always" Award, presented by the Office of Research Services (ORS), Division of Occupational Health and Safety (DOHS), showcases personnel who have demonstrated leadership, innovation and involvement in their organization's safety culture and promoted safety in the workplace. Submit nominations by visiting the DOHS website at: http://go.usa.gov/XPJW.Nominate a colleague who has demonstrated safety leadership, with practical examples in two or more of the following areas:
- Leadership attributes that set the nominee apart from his or her peers
- Starting and/or leading a safety initiative
- Engaging peers and transforming the safety culture of the organization
- Promoting safety as an important part of your program
- Working to correct unsafe or unhealthful workplace conditions or hazards
Nominations are open until December 18, 2015. If you have any questions, please e-mail ORSSafetyDay@mail.nih.gov or send written questions to: NIH, OD, ORS, DOHS (Attn: NIH Mission First, Safety Always Questions), Bldg. 13, Room 3K04, 13 South Drive, MSC 5760, Bethesda, MD 20892-5760.