Electric Vehicle Parking Program
Electric Vehicle Parking Program allows NIH Commuters to ‘Plug In’ and ‘Power Up’ While They Work.
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
NIH has installed 8 electric vehicle charging stations in 3 Multi-Level Parking (MLP) garages on the NIH Bethesda Campus.
This program is made possible by the financial courtesy of the NIH Federal Credit Union (NIHFCU). The NIH Community appreciates the NIHFCU for its commitment to sustainable commuting and improved air quality.
NIH Employees of electric vehicles can park and charge their vehicles at one of the following locations:
· ACRF/Bldg. 10 Parking Garage: P2 Level and P3 Level
· MLP-6: Lower Level
· MLP-7: Lower Level
EV spaces are marked with ‘eco’ green color.
EV Charging Stations Procedures
- EV spaces are for NIH Parking permit holders only;
- Parking spaces are reserved for EV vehicles until 9:30 AM to allow EV owners to charge;
- EV owners are required to provide their own extension cords and arrange the cords to avoid tripping hazards;
- EV owners are encouraged to be respectful of others by unplugging the vehicle and relocating it when charged.