NIH Summer Food Truck Program
Come join us every Tuesday from 11:00am — 2:00pm at the top of Lot 10H as we kick off the Summer with our NIH Food Truck Program*
Take a look at who’s coming:
- Tuesday, July 7, 2015 - Holy Crepes & Cap Mac
- Tuesday, July 14, 2015 - La Taco Truck & Balkanick
- Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - La Taco Truck & Balkanick
- Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - Ben & Jerry’s & Feelin Crabby
- Tuesday, August 4, 2015 - Ben & Jerry’s & Feelin Crabby
- Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - Ben & Jerry’s & Feelin Crabby
- Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - Ben & Jerry’s & Feelin Crabby
* Additional vendors may be onsite and/or subject to change on any given day.
The NIH Food Truck Program is sponsored by the Office of Research Services,
Division of Amenities and Transportation Services in partnership with the NIH Recreation Welfare and Association and Eurest Dining Services.
Food Services - Operators
Eurest Dining Services
Eurest Dining Services operates five (5) dining centers and two (2) coffee bars as part of their performance-based contract with the NIH. This contract is monitored by the Program Manager for the Food/Concession Services and Quality Assurance Specialists.
Maryland Business Enterprise Program for the Blind
The MBEPB currently operates four (4) dining centers, seven (7) concession stands and three (3) coffee bars both on and off the NIH campus. They also are responsible for the management oversight and administration of the NIH Vending Machine Program
Food Services LISTSERV
The Food/Concession Services Program has launched an e-mail list for employees interested in receiving information related to upcoming Chef’s Tables, vendor-sponsored food samplings, special events, information for maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and facility-related closures and enhancement projects. This forum is available to all NIH employees and contractors.
Eat Right Live Well
Eat Right Live Well are monthly newsletters providing information related to maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
The Food/Concessions Services Program Team has the responsibility for overseeing the food/concession services components at the NIH. These responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Management, monitoring and administration of all contracts and use agreements with the NIH food vendors to ensure quality service to the NIH.
- Administering customer point of sale and needs assessment surveys to gather data for improvements and to meet contact performance standards.
- Interacting with NIH employees, visitors and patients to discuss concerns/issues regarding the services provided by the food services vendors.
- Ensuring through a partnership with the Division of Occupational Health and Safety (DOHS) that the dining centers and concession stands meet the health and safety policies, standards, and procedures applicable to the NIH.