New FAES Coffee Bar is Now Open for Business
On Monday, September 9, the new FAES Coffee Bar located in Building 10 Room 1C174 (next to the new book store) opened for business. The grand openiing is tentatively scheduled for early October. Patrons may select a beverage or grab a bite to eat from the following offerings:
- Freshly Brewed Coffee
- Speciality Coffees (hot or cold)
- 100% Blended Fruit Smoothies
- Pre-packaged Sandwiches and Salads
- Bottled Water and Assorted Fuirt Juices
- Assorted Chips
The current hours of operation will be 7:00am - 5:00pm Monday through Friday.
We hope you will stop by during you travels through Building 10.
Food Services - Operators
There are several food services options available to employees and visitors of the NIH both on and off-campus locations.
Concession and Vending Services
The Concession and Vending Services are performed by the Maryland Business Enterprise Program for the Blind (MBEPB). The MBEPB is a program that is operated out of the Maryland Department of Education through the Randolph-Sheppard Act.
The Food Services Programs oversees the administration of the NIH Approved Catering Services made available to NIH employees.
The Food Services Team monitors and approves all table tent cards displayed within all of the NIH-sponsored dining centers.
The Division of Amenities and Transportation Services (DATS) has the responsibility for overseeing the food/concession services components at the NIH. The DATS responsibilities include:
- Management, monitoring and administration of all contracts and use agreements with the NIH food vendors to ensure quality service to the NIH.
- Administering customer point of sale and needs assessment surveys to gather data for improvements and to meet contact performance standards.
- Interacting with NIH employees, visitors and patients to discuss concerns/issues regarding the services provided by the food services vendors.
- Ensuring through a partnership with the Division of Occupational Health and Safety (DOHS) that the dining centers and concession stands meet safety and health policies, standards, and procedures applicable to the NIH.