2015 Feds Feed Families Campaign ~ "NIH Fighting Hunger Vouchers"
Help Knock Out Hunger by Donating to the Feds Feed Families Campaign at NIH!
Eurest Dining Serivces will be offering at each of their dining centers (10/ACRF, 10/B1, 31, 35, and 45)
"NIH Fighting Hunger" $1, $3 and $5 vouchers through the end of the FFF campaign on October 2.
Your purchase will fully and directly support the purchase of nonperishable foods to be donated to the campaign.
Eurest will use all monies collected from the sale of these vouchers to purchase food items
for the three local organizations that NIH Bethesda is supporting:
The Children’s InnThe Safra Family LodgeThe Capital Area Food Bank
Prefer to donate your items directly to the campaign?
Donations Boxes are located outside of each Dining Center.
NIH Summer Food Truck Program - Last One for the Season!
Come join us on Tuesday, August 25th from 11:00am — 2:00pm at the top of Lot 10H for our last Summer Food Truck Event.
Take a look at who’s coming:
- Curley’s BBQ, Linda’s Luncheonette, Feelin’ Crabby
The NIH Food Truck Program is sponsored by the Office of Research Services, Division of Amenities and Transportation Services
in partnership with the NIH Recreation Welfare and Association and Eurest Dining Services.
Safety, Health & Wellnes Day ~ August 26, 2015 ~ $8.00 Lunch Tickets
Food Services - Operators
Eurest Dining Services
Eurest Dining Services operates five (5) dining centers and two (2) coffee bars as part of their performance-based contract with the NIH. This contract is monitored by the Program Manager for the Food/Concession Services and Quality Assurance Specialists.
Maryland Business Enterprise Program for the Blind
The MBEPB currently operates four (4) dining centers, seven (7) concession stands and three (3) coffee bars both on and off the NIH campus. They also are responsible for the management oversight and administration of the NIH Vending Machine Program
Food Services LISTSERV
The Food/Concession Services Program has launched an e-mail list for employees interested in receiving information related to upcoming Chef’s Tables, vendor-sponsored food samplings, special events, information for maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and facility-related closures and enhancement projects. This forum is available to all NIH employees and contractors.
Eat Right Live Well
Eat Right Live Well are monthly newsletters providing information related to maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
The Food/Concessions Services Program Team has the responsibility for overseeing the food/concession services components at the NIH. These responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Management, monitoring and administration of all contracts and use agreements with the NIH food vendors to ensure quality service to the NIH.
- Administering customer point of sale and needs assessment surveys to gather data for improvements and to meet contact performance standards.
- Interacting with NIH employees, visitors and patients to discuss concerns/issues regarding the services provided by the food services vendors.
- Ensuring through a partnership with the Division of Occupational Health and Safety (DOHS) that the dining centers and concession stands meet the health and safety policies, standards, and procedures applicable to the NIH.